Day 55: Surprise Bridal Shower


Advertisement
Guam's flag
Oceania » Guam
December 30th 2018
Published: January 10th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Today we were given the task of getting Jules out of the house early so her sisters could get ready for the surprise wedding shower and out of the house. Easier said then done, but only 10 minutes late we were out of the house. The tricker part was getting Jules to let us go to the shower. With the Guam hospitality, letting guests walk anywhere is not acceptable. Plus Jules was on a mission to get Shelby a pair of normal flip flops so she would get out of her chacos. Quote unquote ”Those are so embarrassing for me! Everyone will know you aren’t from here and make fun of you.“ From there getting her to drop us off was far from easy, but again only 10 minutes late we were at the shower. It was fun to reconnect with all the family and friends we had met over the last couple of days. It will make the wedding of 450 plus much more fun. It has been interesting to hear them talk about the process of inviting people. The godmother of Zach called saying she was offended she had to RSVP because of course she is coming. Another friend of Jules RSVP with 7 additional guests. Apparently, his plus one was not sufficient. So interesting. After the shower, we made it to the beach and spent time with one of Shelby’s friends from Portland (Cam). It was a riot to meet her sisters and a couple of their friends. And the added bonus of one of the best sunsets that followed. Only to be topped by sushi for dinner! Life was pretty great today!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0234s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb