Reflections


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Vancouver » West Vancouver
February 20th 2010
Published: February 20th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We enjoyed watching the Men's Figure Skating Finals from Doolin's Irish Pub last night, surrounded by fun-loving Canadians and Americans. . . .Yay U.S.A! This morning, Team Turquoise left early, at about 4:00am . . . armed with signs, pins, flags etc. We were on a mission to see Matt Lauer and the rest of the Today Show gang and to get on T.V. After taking a very fast taxi ride up to Grouse Mountain, followed by a Gondola ride up to where the Today show is broadcasting from, the team accomplishd most of their goals. We met and had our pictures taken with Matt and Meredith and Ann but we think only Susie was shown on air. Oh well so much for our 15 minutes of fame . . .

Tonight we are trying to get tickets to a Medal Ceremony and tomorrow we go back up to our least favorite venue, Cypress Mountain for Women's Freestyle Aerials. We have heard that some of the problems that we encoutered there last Saturday has been corrected and the competition promises be amazing.

The weather has been sunny and very mild here most of the week which has added to our enjoyment of this beautiful city and awesome mountains. There are zip lines and stores and ice rinks and shops and gardens and restaurants offering every kind of cuisine, and. . . more shops everywhere. It is hard to believe that we have been here for more than a week. Tomorrow will be the last day for Susie and Mickie's Olympic dream. They head for home on Sunday, but Janice and Mary will be here for another week. It has been a remarkable experience. . .from the Opening Ceremony through attending so many Olympic events, to exploring the city and yes even including getting lost. . . Asking directions has been part of the fun. The Canadians are genuinely friendly,helpful and fun and very proud to tell you about their country, as they should be. We come away from this time, with a greater sense of our own patriotism and an appreciation of "Our neighbors to our North" and our friends, both here and at home and enough happy memories and "pins" to last a lifetime. Thanks for letting us share our adventure with you. Go Team U.S. A.

Advertisement



20th February 2010

Today show
We have the whole Today show recorded on our DVR. I can burn it to a DVD if you like.
20th February 2010

Thanks
Thanks for sharing you great trip - was ALMOST like being there . Safe trip home!
21st February 2010

so proud
I'm so pleased that the USA had YOU as a representative of our country at the 2010 Olympics. Can't wait to see you in HHI next month.
21st February 2010

Best Olympics
This has been the best Olympics to watch because of all the insider info and fun personal stories about venues and people and experiences. Thanks for taking the time to keep us all updated. We can't wait to see all the pictures and hear the stories. While you were in Doolin's you didn't run into any creepy woodsmen talking about a BLUE phone did you?
21st February 2010

Thanks
Safe home and thanks for sharing your adventures..... Kathy

Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0261s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb