Visit to Larnaca


Advertisement
Cyprus' flag
Middle East » Cyprus » Larnaca
April 15th 2024
Published: April 23rd 2024
Edit Blog Post

Larnaka today.


We took the motorway to get there, very easy and all the major roads are really good.


Our only 'road' problem is the tiny scale of our tourist maps which don't necessarily show when a road is unpaved. We try to avoid those.


Satnav handily took us to a free big parking area behind the Marina. The one we meant to go to was charged so well done to the Satnav.


Larnaka beach is beautifully sandy and about a mile long with a promenade with eating places liningall along the back.


We chose the sea route and paddled all the way to the centre. The sea is really shallow. People were metres and metres out and still only up to their knees.


A major seaside resort with row upon row of occupied sunbeds under umbrellas. The weather really is fantastic now. Had to cover my shoulders on the way back against the burning sun.


Not a lot to see in the town. A fort, a mosque which women were only allowed to enter if their entire body was covered. You can imagine how I felt about that!


There's a lovely church a couple of streets back from the

front but we couldn't go in and didn't want to as there was a funeral taking place.

Back along the promenade where we stopped for dessert lunch. New policy as the meals are so deliciously large here. Pudding for lunch. Main meal for dinner.


Then back in the car to Limassol taking the coast road where we could and stopping at a couple of little beaches for photos. Zygi is the harbour full of fishing boats.




Additional photos below
Photos: 35, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0196s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb