The Borders Wrap Up


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Roxburghshire » Melrose
May 6th 2024
Published: May 12th 2024
Edit Blog Post

All the B&Bs were booked or way to expensive for my 3 nights in the Borders so I booked an Airbnb. The hosts were very responsive and provide a lot of helpful information up front. I am really glad I stopped for groceries before leaving Galashiels as there wasn't really anything in Lilliesleaf in the way of shops or restaurants. Hilltop Cottage is surrounded by pastures of sheep and the sounds of sheep, pheasants and rooks fill the air. The small kitchen is well equipped with a 2 burner hob and small oven, a microwave and a crock pot! There are plenty of utensils and pots and pans to do some light cooking. The bathroom is spacious with a towel heater and full bath. And there is plenty of closet space in the bedroom. If you are looking for a home away from home, this would certainly fit the bill.

I only had two full days in the Borders and I had to cram in everything I wanted to see. You can see the highlights, like I did, however I would have liked at least one more day for a better overview of the area. I would have liked time to explore the coast and some of the small towns and do some hikes.

Like all of Scotland, the people were friendly and the scenery was amazing. If I ever go back and I cannot find a regular B&B I would certainly stay in the Airbnb again! And I really hope I do because Scotland is wonderful and there is so much more to discover!


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.204s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 48; dbt: 0.133s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb