Day 04: Hello Jeju (Oct 2019)


Advertisement
South Korea's flag
Asia » South Korea » Jeju » Jeju-si
October 14th 2019
Published: September 12th 2020
Edit Blog Post

Monday, 14th October 2019

I took an early flight out from Busan for my 4 days 3 nights excursion to Jeju Island. Given the regular flight service between the two destinations, it did not come as a surprise that the fares for the one hour journey were very reasonably priced.

My Asiana flight landed at Jeju Airport sometime after 8.30am this morning. Finding my way around the Arrivals for the public buses to my hotel in old Jeju Town proved to be relatively straight forward with the handy Naver App. I soon boarded a bus which would drop me at Gwandeokjeong Pavilion where the Staz Hotel Jeju Robero that I would be staying was right across the bus stand. The whole commute took less than 20 minutes.

The thing that I really liked about my hotel is its strategic location near the Dongmun Traditional Market and the Jungang Underground Shopping Mall. Given the price that I paid for the room, I was quite happy about it.

I spent my day trying to acclimatise to the area where I'm staying which proved to be relatively easy. Nothing was too far from the hotel and the main shopping drag, supermarket and the famed Black Pork Street eateries were well within walking distance. In the afternoon, I headed to the coast and was grateful for the perfect weather which made walking around very comfortable.

Deep down, I was quietly hoping that the perfect weather would continue its run as I would be fanning out of the island in both the easterly and westerly directions over the next two days!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.31s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 16; qc: 87; dbt: 0.2273s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb