We could've died, but we made smart choices insted


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island
November 1st 2023
Published: November 1st 2023
Edit Blog Post

To give my sore muscels a break after hiking the Abel Tasman Coast Track (story will follow) I stayed in a hostel in Nelson for a few nights. The Prince Albert hostel is quite nice but lacks the sense of community Tasman Bay Backpackers offered a few weeks before. Once my blisters were mostly healed and I didn't feel pain wit most movements anymore I made my way to Picton with the inter city bus yesterday. There I spend the afternoon at the harboor lying under palm trees, reading and taking a nap. Around five pm I met up with Magdalena and we started our drive down the east coast towards Christchurch. We spend the night at a campsite in Kaikoura and were woken up early (6:30am) by the sun. After watching some seals, having breakfast and going for a walk we drove the rest of theĀ  way Down to Christchurch. There I met Ina. With her I'll be traveling the south island for the next few weeks. Today we first went to castle hill and took a look at a few really nice stones. Afterwards we wanted to go explore a cave, but quickly realized that the warning sign saying this cave is for experienced cavers was there for a reason. So we went on to Arthur's pass and walked up to devil's punchbowl falls. Our atempt to cook pasta afterwards was successfull eventhough we couldn't get the water to boil. We ate well cooked but only somewhat warm pasta with cheesesouce for dinner. Then we drove another hour in the direction of our destination for tomorrow until we reached a free camping car park.
That's all for today, talk to you soon
Goodnight


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.039s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0221s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb