Malta: it may be small but it sure has a lot going for it!


Advertisement
Malta's flag
Europe » Malta » Malta
May 14th 2024
Published: May 14th 2024
Edit Blog Post

Malta is A small country but there are so many interesting aspects to it. To start with the size makes it easy to get around and we relied on the cheap public buses, ferries and ride share system. Too easy! we learnt that sometimes the public buses take just too long so we would jump in a ride share. another thing is that it is relatively inexpensive to be a tourist in Malta. Food, wine and value for money accommodation makes this a great destination. There is also a variety of interesting activities including delving into the history, particularly war history, exploring the towns and physical geography. And the creamy limestone colour of the brickwork is stunning.

The highlights included:


• the city of Valletta which has a spectacular location commanding views over harbours in either side. Valletta has museums, St John’s Cathedral which is incredible, the Grand Master's Palace, War museum and the modern Renzo piano Parliament building which is a favourite of mine! The Barraka Gardens also offer wonderful views.
• Mdina and Rabat: bath worth a wander through. Rather like stepping back in time when you wander through the alleyways. The typical Maltese houses are charming with their multicoloured windows.

• Gozo with its Cittadella and easy access to the coastal stops of the salt plans and the inland sea



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0324s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb