Hey I have a few questions... anyones feedback would be welcome
Were a couple planning our first international trip together (I have been to India once before for 2 weeks but thats all)
At the moment the plan is:
Sydney - Macau (flying with Viva Macau)
Macau - Hong Kong (Ferry)
Hong Kong - Shang-hai (train)
Shang-hai - Beijing (train)
Beijing - Hanoi/Saigon (Train +maybe plane or train all the way through, not sure)
Saigon - Bangkok (fly)
Bangkok - Laos (maybe, if we can fit it in)
Laos - Singapore (fly)
Singapore - Bangalore
then spend a bit of time around Sth India
then maybe to KL for a day before returning home.
I know thats a lot to fit in in just 6 weeks.. what does everyone think?
I also have some questions about:
1. When I try to book international flights it asks for passport numbers. I have one but my wife needs one. Does she need her passport before we can book flights? The problem is the flights are cheap now, especially Sydney - Macau - the current prices won't last long.
2. The Viva Macau site says that we need to show return flight or onforwarding details for when we enter the country. If we were going to get the ferry to Hong Kong, do I need to pre=book that and show evidence? or will showing my plane ticket from Kuala Lumpar to home be enough? or will it be just best to return to Macau to fly back to Sydney from there? (the flights work out cheaper that way anyway I think)
3. Will we need to pack much warm clothing for any of the above locations? I'm expecting weather between 20-30 degrees celcius
4. Anyone who has flown with Viva Macau, Air Asia or Tiger - or got the train between Hong Kong/China/Vietnam - anything I need to know?
5. Any suggestions of what I shouldnt miss when I'm briefly at each of these places?
umm, I probably have more questions but that'll do for now! Reply to this