RIHLA #12


Advertisement
South America
December 11th 2011
Published: December 11th 2011
Edit Blog Post

RIHLA #12
Read the attached RIHLA 12 (Shoe Gazing) article and answer the following questions:
1. What exactly is shoe gazing?
Shoe gazing is a new form of art photography, where the camera is always pointing down with the gazing of your feet.
2. Have you ever participated in shoe gazing? Explain. (Feel free to add your own photo!!!)
Yes I have participated in shoe gazing, but I never knew it was called shoe gazing, I just get bored sometimes and take pictures of my shoes to see how they look.
3. Many people participate in shoe gazing because they are comfortable in their own shoes. They see their own beauty that way. When we think about current American culture, do you believe there are certain attributes that are considered to be "the beautiful norm?" Who establishes this norm of what "beauty" is?
I don't believe that there are certain attributes that are considered to be the beautiful norm, because everyone has different ways of viewing things, people might find shoe gazing beautiful while others taking a picture of something else may be beautiful. I just think it's how you view things as a person. I think all the people contributing to society or for example the society trend establishes the norm of beauty because it's usually what everyone thinks is beautiful and the society just goes with the trend.
4. What do you personally find to be beautiful in yourself or others? Explain (Be thoughtful and appropriate)
I think the beauty that defines someone is respect, honest, and how that person views things, I think it's just how you see the persons flaws and when you see them at there best and know the person well. It's important to have respect and honesty but there's Alot of things that contribute to how you act which may be beautiful to someone else but not you.

Advertisement



Tot: 1.317s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0547s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb