Welcome to Uruguay


Advertisement
Uruguay's flag
South America » Uruguay » West » Colonia del Sacramento
December 19th 2006
Published: December 19th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Colonia 1Colonia 1Colonia 1

The streets of Colonia
So i have spent the last week in my spanish course i must say i didn´t learn heaps in a week but i learnt some basic grammer which i´m sure if i practise it will make a world of difference to my spoken spanish. All in all the spanish course was good fun and met some cool people as it was appraoching christmas time most of the residents that had been in the house for upto 6 months were leaving so there were a few farewell parties.

I think it was wednesday night at the hard rock, Thursday at a greek resturant smashing plates and dancing...

...then saturday was a massive night at a place called sunset. It was a beautiful night, hanging out with one of the cute brazilians all night dancing, getting a cab home at 7am and breaking up a drunken fight in our residence at 8am in the morning...classic what more do you want in a night out... i have a photo of the group although it is really bad quality cause i took the photo when i was wasted.

So once again a week of non-stop partying all the while i was attending
Colonia 2Colonia 2Colonia 2

Another street in Colonia
spanish classes during the day...so no i didn´t get much of a chance to rest up....

...enter Uruguay. I crossed the boarder on Sunday and stopped into the romantic town of Colonia del Sacramento...mate if you have a girlfriend take her here!! this is the ultimate chilled back town with cobblestone streets, fine elegant resturants all which have some spanish dude singing spanish songs in the corner and it is all set on the edge of what used to be an old portugese smuggling port.

It is a very small town which takes mabey an hour to walk around if you dawdle, most people actually hire scooters or bikes and cruze the historic streets but i think it is definately an awesome place to spend a day probably any more and you may be bored. I am here for another day or so which is what i think i needed after 2 weeks of no sleep and partying.

After here however it is of to montevideo so i guess you will here from me then.

ciao matt.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Colonia 3Colonia 3
Colonia 3

Yet another street in Colonia beautiful isn´t it


Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0558s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb