Background: A violent Marxist urban guerrilla movement, the Tupamaros, launched in the late 1960s, led Uruguay's president to agree to military control of his administration in 1973. By yearend, the rebels had been crushed, but the military continued to expand its hold throughout the government. Civilian rule was not restored until 1985. Uruguay's political and labor conditions are among the freest on the continent.
Photos from Tacuarembó
No Start a Travel Diary Free Travel Blog Site
Blogs from Tacuarembó
Latest Blogs from Tacuarembó
- March 17th 2011 Farm Stay and bad Karaoke
by Words: 1712 Photos: 21
- November 12th 2009 Yeehaa!
by Words: 315 Photos: 7
- October 13th 2009 Panagea - Estancia Uruguay
by Words: 1286 Photos: 17
- April 3rd 2009 Beautiful Panagea Estancia, Uruguay
by Words: 431 Photos: 27
- March 31st 2009 Tacuarembo, Uruguay
by Words: 193 Photos: 7
- July 9th 2008 The Ranch- Uruguay
by Words: 401 Photos: 28
- February 23rd 2008 Gauchos in Uruguay
by Words: 1486 Photos: 27
- February 8th 2008 Anniversary! Happy milkfed 10th!
by Words: 953 Photos: 2
- February 8th 2008 Where have all the cowboys gone?
by Words: 671 Photos: 3
- September 4th 2007 Not many tourists here either
by Words: 295 Photos: 2