Punta del Este


Advertisement
Uruguay's flag
South America » Uruguay » East » Punta del Este
March 21st 2007
Published: March 21st 2007
Edit Blog Post

The bus trip to the resort peninsula Punta del Este took about 1 1/2 hours and we ventured through 3 Uruguayan Departments (provinces, they have 19 in total). It is located in the Moldonano Department and was formerly a fishing village but is now an exclusive resort area. It is located about where the River Plate (which separates Buenos Aires from Uruguay) meets the Atlantic Ocean. Unfortunately Kali was feeling ill today and although she came with us she had to refrain from any of the activities of the day. The beach was beautiful, not too crowded but great sand and wonderful weather. The girls were the first to don the wet suits and take their 'surf boarding´ lesson. Then it was an hour of pick yourself up, paddle back out and try to stay on top of the board for longer than 5 seconds. To quote Michelle "this was the most fun we have ever had on any of our adventures." After the players finished the siblings, Mandy and some very adventurous parents tried their luck at surfing. Everyone had lunch on the beach and everyone visited the Hand in the Sand sculpture (see picture). Mr and Mrs. Siu walked all around the peninsula. The trip home included a stop for "gelato" and a tour of the Beverly Hills of Punta del Este as well as some sightseeing stops. The trip home was proof of the energy exerted today as the girls were "zonked out" in the back of the bus. Also, despite warnings, when everyone arrived back at the hotel, there was no need for artificial lighting as nearly every body from our group "glowed" from their sun exposure. We arrived back about 9:00 PM and made our way for something to eat. Sleep will come easily tonight.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



28th March 2007

good vacation in PDE?
Yes!!!!

Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0376s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb