BA & Montevideo


Advertisement
Published: April 29th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Buenos Aires

Silke finally arrived!!!! :-D

We spent in total another 4 days in Buenos Aires ... this time rather than staying in downtown we decided to go out to the Tango district of San Telmo. We went to see a Tango show together ... which included an hours lesson ... it went much much better than it did the last time I did a lesson .. not sure whether that was to do with the instructor, or the very sexy lady that I was dancing with ;-) We went to Recoleta Cemetery, and once again lined up to see Evita's grave! And, after 5 weeks in Argentina, I had my first run in with an overly patriotic taxi driver, who seemed to enjoy holding me personally responsible for Britain's role in the Falklands conflict.

Montevideo

After a short 4 hour journey (1 hour across the River Plate from BA, 3 hours by bus from Colonia) we arrived in the capital of Uruguay; Montevideo! We stayed in the 'Ciudad Vieja' or Old City area .. which had a few nice older looking buildings, but other than that looked very dangerous and run down. We took an afternoon city tour which took us around all the neighbourhoods, good and bad .. including Fat Point and Melvin .. and lots of very important buildings and trees :-) It was a bit of an annoying tour to be honest, as we seemed to do far more driving than anything else, and anytime we stopped for photos we felt very rushed ... though we were always the last back on the bus so I guess we didn't let the pressure get to us ;-)

Apart from that the other big event was me finally having a shave, after finally getting my hands on an adapter that would work with that pesky low voltage 2 pin shaver plug!





Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



7th May 2007

Congratulations! :)
Kirtonberg!! It's wonderful to hear you are both enjoying yourselves... congratulations on your engagement again!! :) dum dum dee dum... aw I'm ever so emotional. Anyways, your pictures are amazing, and it looks as though you are seeing some really fantastic places. Keep up the good work Team Kirtonberg. Yeah! xxx

Tot: 0.131s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0579s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb