Nazca 25.11.2011


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru
November 25th 2011
Published: December 5th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Nazca 25.11.2011

Arrived in Nazca early hours. Had some breakfast. Weathers good here as it is near the coast, sunshine all year round!! Not bad! A few of the group decided to fly over the Nazca lines, but me and Michael decided to save some money. We then all had a tour around a pre Nazca cemetry (1000 years old) which had damage from grave robbers. But they had restored all the bones and graves, it was creepy! The graves were holes in the ground, with exposed human skeletons. The skeletons had been mummified in a sitting position, with their eyes, brain and tounges removed. they were all then wrapped in cotton. Some of the skin was still visible, and hair up to 2 meters long was still on the skeletons!! There were even babies wrapped up too. Twelve in total.

We then visited a pottery place (arcazans?) or something, where they make clay pots by hand. We then went on to have a roast chicken dinner, yum, and back to the hotel to play in the pool, with the cockroaches, flys, and moths!

26.11.2011

Busy day again today. Heading to Pisco. On the way we stopped off at a tower which allowed us to see two of the Nazca drawings, the hands and the tree. They weren't that big or impressive, yeah they have been there for a long time, but anyone could have drawn them, just like a big art attack!! We then carried on to Pisco, this time stopping for lunch and sand boarding. It was brilliant, were were in a sand buggy flying around the sand dunes. We were going so fast up and down really steep dunes, it looked like we were driving off the side of a cliff it was so scary. I am suprized I still had a voice left after all the screaming I was doing!! Michael too!! We all then had a go of sand boarding. I managed to stand up a few times, and Michael did but then face planted so had a face and beard full of sand! We all then went down on our bellies on the board down the last and biggest sand dunes, I was second to last to go down so everyone was at the bottom waiting. Michael filmed me as I was going down, but what he didn't realise was that I was heading straight at the group and straight at him! He wasn't moving! For some reason I was going a lot faster than everyone else. I was trying to break all the way (by digging my toes into the sand behind me). Anyway Michael finally moved right at the last minute as everyone was screaming for him to get out of the way! The whole group parted as I flew past them and even went over the other boards on the floor and nearly down the next dune! Everyone was hysterical as I nearly wiped Michael straight out (as he was watching the video and didn't realise how close I was).

We then went back for lunch and a quick swim before visiting the wine and Pisco factory, where we got to sample all the flavours. I nearly vomited after one of them was so strong! We then got to Pisco (town on the coast) so we went out and had fresh fish for tea.

27.11.2011

We booked onto a boat trip, just a short one. We went to see some pre Nazca symbol thing drawn in the sand. It looked like a cactus or a candle holder thing. Thers a few theories behind its existance. We then went to an island which we boated around, we go tto see huge pelicans, hundered of them. We also saw the humble penguin, was so cute. We also saw sea lions, we got really close to them, along with thousnads of other birds, which were all flying over us, few people got pooped on and michaels jumper did twice (as it was protecting my jumper ha). There was another species of bird too which was protected as they use its poo for things, its very valuable and they use it for fertilizer.

We then got a bus to Lima, the capital of Peru. We all went for some food and a walk around. We later went to a water park, not that kind of water park though, we had all previously got our hopes up for the kind with slides, but this one was with fountains and light shows. It was nice though as was all lit up at night. We then went for our last meal as a group, and had a few drinks to celebrate us making it! And not killing each other on the way.

28.11.2011

Me and Michael looked around Lima, had our 3rd McDonalds of the holiday as we were hungover! They had a park in the center with lots of cats living there, which was nice to see as we havn't seen many around as the whole of South America is full of stray dogs! Apparently the nuns look after them and feed them 😊 We then went for a walk down to the sea, it was nice and sunny so we had ice cream as we watched the paragliders. We met up with a few people from the group and went for a mexican. Our last night in Peru. We were so proud of ourselves from making it coast to coast!

29.11.2011

Time to leave Peru, time to leave South America. Had an amazing time and we have loved every minute. As Michael said, we have conquered South America! (without losing each other, getting kidnapped, being robbed or falling out!!) Felt really good, but sad too as we could have spent a lot longer there. Got to the airport to find our flight to Chile was delayed, we also had an earthquake drill in the airport where we had to be evacuated. The flight was then delayed even futher, we started to panic as the time between our flight to New Zealand was getting shorter and shorter. Anyway we got on the flight four and a half hours later, which meant we only had an hour to collect our baggage then check in to the new flight!! It all worked out in the end. Apart from my TV screen wasn't working so I was really pissed off by this point, sorry mum.

30.11.2011

We were non existant!!

S x.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.428s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0692s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb