Jungle life


Advertisement
Published: January 19th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hello again,
hope you´re all well and enjoyed the last lot of pictures. Here are a few more pics from the selva, decidedly more wildlife orientated this time, with particular emphasis on frogs (Tom we´ve been thinking of you a lot).

We have been enjoying ourselves as always and have been busy clearing trails and doing other very important resident naturalist duties such as searching for caimans on the nearby oxbow lake and camping there so that we could count agami herons in the morning. We are adding to our list of animal sightings, the most exciting of which is probably a jaguarundi, no photo sadly as jack was too busy chasing it at me and i was too busy running for my life.

We have recently got a new RN Georgia from Oregon, she is very nice and we are all having a lot of fun together, including planning and executing a mission to a nearby lodge (30 minutes downstream). Although we were warned that we might be thrown out by the manager we were very well recieved and were invited to go up their massive observation tower, from which we saw loads of macaws and a really wonderful view.

Hope you are all good and had a good christmas and new year,
we are thinking of you all

lots of love

Yaz and Jack


Additional photos below
Photos: 42, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Scinax garbeiScinax garbei
Scinax garbei

fringe lipped treefrog
Epipedobates trivittatusEpipedobates trivittatus
Epipedobates trivittatus

two striped poison frog
white-throated toucanswhite-throated toucans
white-throated toucans

Raiding the casique nests outside of our bungalow, we adopted one of the usurped chicks however this was soon eaten by a kite, oh well cycle of life etc.
velvet antvelvet ant
velvet ant

actually a wasp!


Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 52; dbt: 0.057s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb