That's just not safe!


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Lima
June 12th 2012
Published: June 12th 2012
Edit Blog Post

El oceano atras del parqueEl oceano atras del parqueEl oceano atras del parque

A view of the ocean with the steep cliff from Mira Flores.
June 11, 2012

OK, so there are a few things one must know in order to survive Lima.

1. People don't stop at stop signs. "Pare" means nothing. (Therefore, look both ways multiple times before crossing the street!)
2. Expect to see dogs in the streets. They're harmless, no pasa nada.
3. There are lines on the road to indicate lanes, but drivers don't use them. The whole road is fair game.
4. Don't do Zumba in your apartment at night with the lights on. People peak in the windows and stare.
5. People stare contently if you don't have dark brown hair. Get used to it.

We woke up this morning to meet Sr. Daniel for breakfast before we went to the school to meet with the English teachers Yanina y Sofia. They showed us our schedules for the summer and our weekly Language Center schedules. Before we knew it, it was time for lunch! We had wonderful arroz con pollo. Que rico! :D After lunch we were going to head back to Mira Flores, we were about to start driving, but there was something wrong with Carina (Sr. Daniel's car). We waited for a while, but
Sculptura de amor?Sculptura de amor?Sculptura de amor?

This is the really awkward sculpture that was in el Parque del Amor. Why is this attractive? Jajaja.
we ended up taking his counsin's car. We finally got to Mira Flores and visited the Park of Love (or something along those lines). There is a very awkward statue smack dab in the the middle of the park overlooking the Pacific. (See photos) After we got back, it was time for dinner and then bed. Even though we got back two hours ago, all four of us are still awake reminscing about our other horror stories from past study abroad experiences. Jaja. Oh man. There have been stories from throwing luggage over walls, keeping large knives under beds, to being lost on a bus in the rainforest.

Anyways, more to come later, friends. (Especially about the terrible driving habits!)

Cuidate,

Monique


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

El ParqueEl Parque
El Parque

A view of the park and part of the city. Tan bonita, no?


Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0436s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb