Lima


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Lima
March 30th 2012
Published: March 30th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Oh the joy, we arrived in Lima and we get to our hotsel and we can see the ocean. As beautiful as the mountains are we were so happy to see the water again and not have to worry about the altitude. The first thing we did was walk along the waterfront. The beach where we are is rocky but the parks surrounding the sea are really pretty. They even have a park called the park of love, cheesy i know but it looks cute. Suba and I spent the rest of the day shopping. We clearly didnt get enough of the incas so we went to the inca market and bought stuff, dont know why its not like i can lift my bag as it is! The next day we all took a city tour of the district we are staying in. It was a nice lazy way of seeing all the sights and figuring out where everything is. Unfortunately it was then time for Suba to fly home. It was wicked having her here, thanks for visiting us!!

Then came the start of the week, which meant that start of spanish school. Hiral and I enlsited in a spanish school for the week in an attempt to do soemthing useful with our time for a change. Also i think she was fed up of having to translate absolutely everything for me with her own limited spanish. Going back to school was fun but very strange having to be back in a routine. Im not sure how much im going to like going home and having to be productive again. Our teachers and classmates were nice. There were only 4 of us in the class, the two of us and Norweigan guy and an american who looked a bit like Justin Timberlake only much much shorter. As far as my spanish goes my understanding has def improved, i can follow a conversation but just dont ask me to reply, that part is yet to improve much.

In our hostel we met a guy called Simon who asked for a link to our blog so he can read what we say about people. So Simon here is your mention in our blog, i hope you actually read it. Id say he seems like a really nice guy but he does have terrible taste in clothes, he bought a shiny sports jacket, i hope you got rid of it Simon.

Our last few days in Lima will be spent by the beach in the sunshine digesting all our new spanish words. Next week is a trip to a place called Iquitos in the Amazon rainforest!! Let the adventures continue.

M x

Advertisement



Tot: 0.162s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 15; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0766s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb