My first day in Lima


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Lima » Lima » Miraflores
June 16th 2010
Published: June 18th 2010
Edit Blog Post

My first day in Lima
Although we got in after 3am we didn’t want to miss the bfast included in the room rate so we got up at 9:15 and went down for bfast thinking we would go back to sleep after but it was too late once we were up we could not get back to sleep so we had showers and off we went for the day. We are staying in Miraflores the touristy part of town and are only two blocks from the beach so we headed their first. The views were breathtaking and there was a lot of nice restaurants making the most of the views. We then headed to Kennedy Park which is a tourist hang out and is also about 2 blocks from our hotel in the other direction. We found a fantastic little back street restaurant that did not speak English and had a set lunch of entree and main for $S7 ($2.80 Aus) each but we were bad and had a whole jug of sangria to go with it $S20 ($8 Aus). We watched the Sth Africa v Uruguay match and was un happy to see Sth Africa lose. We then got a bottle of Inca Kola which our guide book says we should try. It tastes just like creaming soda to me.
For dinner we went back to the shopping canter on the ocean it is 5 storeys built into the side of the Clift with the top being a park and that is ground level the rest is below ground level.



Additional photos below
Photos: 62, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.025s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0542s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb