Lima: South American Departures Part 1 & 2


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Lima » Lima » Miraflores
July 20th 2009
Published: April 16th 2010
Edit Blog Post

CebicheCebicheCebiche

Gali, Seth
While working our way to Lima, we had been warned not to expect too much as it is not an impressive capital and there is little to do and see. Thankfully, we disagreed with these cautioning words and enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere of Miraflores, the delicious taste of Cebiche and the hustle and bustle of the market and Chinatown.

We stayed in the neighborhood of Miraflores which is about a 15 minute taxi ride from the center of the city. This is definitely the best neighborhood to sleep in. Walking along Avenue Larco from Lacromar to Ovalo de Miraflores is a must. Besides the Central Square, the architecture was simply ok. The main street was fun to walk along with shops and casinos as was the outdoor mall called Lacromar perched on a cliff overlooking the Pacific Ocean.

Downtown Lima has little to offer besides the main square and Chinatown. We spent an afternoon there and that was pushing it. Be warned, the souvenirs in Lima are more expensive than everywhere else in Peru, even Cusco. Also, the Costa Verde (Lima coast line and beach) was under construction while we were there but it looks like it will be
LacromarLacromarLacromar

Gali, Seth, Dani
stunning when completed.

Restaurant La Mar is an absolute must, the cebiche is absolutely incredible. A big thanks to Cappy for suggesting this place. Our server was Paul, ask for him if you can. His English was perfect and he was super helpful.

Unfortunately, Lima is the last leg of our journey. Saying goodbye to Dani was uber tough after our amazing trip together. Many warnings and looks were sent my way when I told people I would be traveling with my girlfriend and her best friend but after 3 months of major highs and great adventures, I wouldn't have done it any other way.

After saying goodbye, Gali and I headed to the airport for a week in Mancora and then returned to Lima for our flight home (and a final South American/Peruvian meal at La Mar).


Additional photos below
Photos: 25, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Lima CoastLima Coast
Lima Coast

Seth, Gali
Dinner!Dinner!
Dinner!

Gali, Seth, Dani
Pre GamePre Game
Pre Game

Dani, Gali
Shehadi RestaurantShehadi Restaurant
Shehadi Restaurant

Gali. A meal after a long needed travel day
Inca ColaInca Cola
Inca Cola

Gali in the Airport
Pisco SourPisco Sour
Pisco Sour

Sorry Dan Dan!


16th April 2010

Late Post
We are heading to Spain in a few weeks and wanted to have the blogs from our last trip finished up before.
13th May 2011
Shehadi Restaurant

Shehadi
Excelente local, yo hice las lamparas ke salen en la fotos, un trabajo exclusivo para shehadi, ke alegria verlas depues de tiempo ;),gracias por ponerlas.

Tot: 0.129s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0835s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb