Settling in


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Cusco » Pisac
November 8th 2011
Published: November 8th 2011
Edit Blog Post

The last few days have been good. Met some other volunteers. On Friday I went to Cusco to coach there. The kids there are not as talented but they are probably more fun. I worked with the kids aged 4-6 approximately. I helped with a number of drills/games that they seemed to enjoy. They also didn’t seem to care or notice that my Spanish was not great and just talked randomly. Really enjoyed it!
On Saturday it was Rebecca’s (one of the other volunteers) last day so a about 8 of us met for pancakes at a café called the blue llama. It was all you can eat for 8 soles (approx £2). They were really good! This where I met most people and was invited to a BBQ in Urumbamba in that evening which is approximately 50 minutes by bus. We went in one of the large taxi vans. They are just bigger than the 6 seat taxis in the UK but they squeezed about 20 people in! The BBQ itself was really good fun. It was in a sort of hostel/bar/communal building which you could just use for whatever. Was owned buy a really funny guy called Carlos who spoke very good English and let us use the kitchen etc. We had a small bonfire which we used for cooking later as well. The food was good although they brought sweet bread by accident so the burgers tasted a bit weird.
On Sunday I had a relaxing morning and then after lunch we went swimming at the local hotel where the football is. Was a really nice pool although the water was quite cold. A few of us went for food afterwards. There was one Peruvian guy with us and a Spanish teacher form Denmark (she spoke good English too) who looked about my age despite being 26 so the conversation was a bit of a confusing blend of English and Spanish that was tricky to follow.
Today I was coaching in Pisac with the select children. I was working with 2 of them on movement on the wing and then long passing. Got a bit tedious at times because we worked on the same thing for large periods of time but I enjoyed it overall. Enjoying a massive slice of carrot cake at the moment. Hope everyone is well at home.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.221s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0384s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb