Inca Trail


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Cusco » Machu Picchu
April 21st 2013
Published: July 31st 2013
Edit Blog Post

Today we started our 4 day/ 3 night trek through SAS travel. Nice early morning pick up from out hotel and then on to the starting point of the trail for us. Our guides (Eddie, Oscar, and JC) were awesome for the whole trek and would really recommend SAS Travel for anyone wanting or planing to do the Inca Trail. The trek was harder than I was expecting but I live at sea level and even though I arrived in Cusco three days early I had been sick the entire time a cold/flu not GI. Actually never got sick in Peru or on the trail). However, that did not stop me from enjoying the trek and seeing the amazing views it has to offer that are out of the way for those traveling by train or bus to Machu Picchu. Our trekking group was made up of people from Canada, US, and Australia in addition to our guides and the chasquis (high skilled trail runners). Did I mention how amazing the food was on the trail? Honestly felt very pampered on the trail. The chasquis would arrive at camp before us, set up our tents, and arrange our belongings according to our tents. Hot food and beverages where always waiting for us at our stopping points and we ate under a tent so we never got wet from the rain. Every night there was a nice hot bowl of water waiting for us in front of our tent to clean up after our long day of hiking.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.022s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0341s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb