Cusco


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Cusco » Cusco
November 26th 2006
Published: December 7th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in Cusco on the Saturday. We had a day and a bit to pass before we set of on the Inca trail on the Monday.

Cusco is the tourist capital of Peru. Muzza estimated a ration of 1:1 with the Peruvians although 80% of all stats are made up (eh Muzza).

After travelling for a while in Bolivia, Cusco, is a stark contrast with many English speaking Peruvians happy to persuade you to part with money. Much time was spent walking to and from the Plaza de Armas which is the central square in Cusco and the hub of activity.

While in Cusco we hired motorbikes for a couple of days. We drove through the Sacred Valley and visited some markets. Without doubt motorbikes are the best way to see somewhere when you need transport in your own time. Unfortunately on the second day our motorbike broke down on the top of a mountain at about 4,000m absl. Murray luckily was close at hand and managed to bugger off for a few hours leaving us in the cold before coming back with help!!

I will deal with Macchu Picchu as a separate entity.

When we returned from the Inca trail we found that Muzza had had his ´phone and credit card stolen and we had our recently purchased battery charger nicked from our rucksacks while they were in the 'safe' hands of our friendly hostel employees. We raised this with the management and he asked us to give him some time to speak to his staff. After a couple of days we had no news so we went to the tourist police who rather impressively immediately accompanied us to the hostel to speak to the staff.

At this point we had bid farewell to Murray as he and his new Peruvian boyfriend were off to Lima (just kidding Katie)

We await to see what will come of the Police actions. Perhaps we could have the perpetrator extradited to Australia.




Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Local girlsLocal girls
Local girls

Charging people to weigh themselves - ingenious
2 young entrepreneurs2 young entrepreneurs
2 young entrepreneurs

We met these 2 selling lumps of salt and rock - later Muzza gave one of them a lift
WorkersWorkers
Workers

Women working on the Salt farm
RavineRavine
Ravine

Do you like this one Muzza
12 angle stone12 angle stone
12 angle stone

This is the famous 12 angle stone of Cusco laid by the Incas and completely illogical.
This is where i broke down.This is where i broke down.
This is where i broke down.

Stacey stayed with me while Muzza went off apparently to get help.
Ok so we broke downOk so we broke down
Ok so we broke down

the views were still pretty good.


Tot: 0.131s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 16; qc: 81; dbt: 0.0723s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb