Cusco


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Cusco » Cusco » Cusco
March 15th 2011
Published: March 15th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Puffing and panting in Cusco. Well thats what your likely to do what with the steepness off the streets. The Walk Inn hostel was one of those at the end of a steep road. After two days we changed for one at the bottom of the road. Not for the steepness of the walk but for the total lack of water(only available between 4am and 9am),600m down stream we found a 400 year old building/hostel called Suecia, it was great, so much we returned after our 4 day inca trail.
Terracotta roofs,steps, and loads of culture and history brings Cusco alive if you can cope with the 3300m altide and thunder storms that swept through whilst we were there.
One site we saw was Saqsaywaman(sexywoman). Its an ancient fortified town on a hill up from Cusco,which was destroyed by the spaniards during their conquest. Lynn is not keen on the Alpacas and Llamas as she is with cattle. They graze the areas up at the site as well give something else to take a photo of apart from stone. Sorry but you have to be here to appreciate the craftsmanship and scale of "sexywoman".
The centre of Cusco is the Plaza de Armas, which was very close to where we stayed. We did a tour of the Cathedral,no photos allowed, awesome. Outside we saw two nice woman with baby Llama. We asked them if I could take a photo, of course, so we did. 10 soles later!!, it was worth it though, do you not think?


Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.129s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0686s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb