The Nazcar, a flying fridge and Ica


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Callao » El Callao
February 14th 2010
Published: February 19th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Estes Bien?

Good I hope!

Well this weekend was funny, if not slightly intense. It looks like Machu Pichu is totally off the cards as its been washed away and so are the Chan Chan temples which are North. I might still be able to see them though. Anyway, we headed south to somewhere called Ica.

It was nice to have a weekend off and get away from the project. It’s pretty intense a lot of the time and there is one hell of a lot to see in Peru. We travelled straight down the Pan American highway on Friday night. Cheap bus journey (30 sols) it’s the one all the Peruvians take and we got it from a dodgy part of Lima, we actually blagged a police escort to the bus station and they told us not to move from the station until we got on the bus...........no problem officer!

We got on the bus which lasted 4 hours and all the windows were open, I fell asleep....the windows closed and eventually the bus stopped, I can’t explain how awful it was waking up when you´ve that hot, it was actually awesome!! Anyway, we eventually snaked our way across some epic mountains to Ica, we then bussed it straight down to Nazcar, there is nothing in Nazcar except for the lines so we promptly got into the air.

The feeling of flying in a clapped out Cesena is different I can tell you, coupled with the Nazcar lines beneath us it was really something special. We cruised round for 35 minutes doing some steep diving as well. Straight after that we went straight back it Ica, it was really a brilliant sight. The Pan American really carves through valleys and over mountains before hitting straight desert.

We made our way 4 miles outside Ica to a place called Huacachino. I really don’t think any description can explain to you how great this place is. It’s real desert Oasis, and if it was in England it would be utterly swamped with people and "consumerised" before you could blink, for some reason it was not……......well, perfect is the word. It was bloody cheap as well.

We proceeded to go desert boarding and fly around the dunes in heavy duty buggies. You can see many of the pictures here and some videos also.

Sadly on this trip I lost my diary and broke my camera (too much sand in the digital lense) Bad times I suppose but that’s life and we had a great time.

The journey back was just as painful as the one there, if not more because it was mid day and bloody hot.

Asta,



Additional photos below
Photos: 70, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



23rd February 2010

Adam, it's just amazing and am a little envious but in nice way... you really deserve it and is just fascinating looking at those lines..... what's the answer then, or perhaps it's good there isn't one....can only believe you lost diary and broke camera take after me, James and Laura then, love you lots xxx
25th February 2010

Hi Son
Great photos Adam, what an amazing place! When are you back home? Keep the pics and updates coming Cheers for now Dad
20th March 2010

Hey Adm, I really enjoyed reading your Peru post. It reminded me of my time there. My blog is looking for travel photos to post. If you have time, email us some at dirtyhippiesblog@gmail.com or check us out at dirty-hippies.blogspot.com Continued fun on your travels, Heather

Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0572s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb