Work and figuring out our workshops


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Callao » El Callao
January 14th 2010
Published: January 16th 2010
Edit Blog Post


Buenos Noches,

Well I was wrong about today. Yesterday we worked very hard, digging out the hole, mixing cement and moving loads of stuff. I then went to the gym (please see pictures attached, its like rocky 2). One of the girls made the silo wall collapse, so I went in and sorted it out and finalised the depth and breathe of it, its really pained me to do so. Rewarding none the less. We laid some foundation bricks and decided manana (tommorow) it. We went to the local frontier town called Ventanilla, this was mainly due to one of our project team being very very ill, it was some sort of poisening I think, he´s getting his stomach pumped and drips put in ect........the waters great around here.

Finally had a nice cool ceveza (beer) while waiting, it was heaven, we can´t drink while on project, which as I said is ok, but it was lovely none the less. It´s very hot here. We headed back into the project and once again I felt so priviledged by what I have at home. The sheer volume of people living in extreame poverty is astounding, literally living on the side of a hill in a shed with nothing. Its humbling I can tell you. Anyway, went to play football again and actually had a good game, scored some goals etc........they are tiny though.

Sleep calls. its 9.40..................looking forward to that Cock-pig-siren thing going off in a few hours, I want to kill it so badly I have gritted teeth as I scribble this.

chau


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



16th January 2010

Eye of the Tiger
Helo mate, glad to hear you're settling in ok, sounds fancy! If you eat the guinea pig a few more times you wont have to worry about not wanting to use the toilet, you'll be hugging it like it was your mum :) Take care and ill see you on the menjay?
16th January 2010

hola
Hello Adam, looks like your working very hard, really nice to hear your stories so far. It sounds like a far cry from snowy, wet and dismal weston-s-mare!! Keep up the good work and try not to kill the cock-pig (what is that anyway!!!) lots of love katy and ange xxxxxxxx p.s send us your address when you get a chance xxx

Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 10; qc: 35; dbt: 0.036s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb