arrived in ayacucho


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Ayacucho
September 1st 2008
Published: September 1st 2008
Edit Blog Post

AyacuchoAyacuchoAyacucho

view from my bedroom
Hey everyone!!

Well after about 30 hours of travelling, airports and airplanes, I finally made it to Ayacucho yesterday 7am (local time) and it's been pretty hectic ever since!!

After breakfast, sleep and lunch we went for a walk around town. There was a festival on so there was plenty of people dressed up parading around the streets, spotting the gringas a mile away and hugging us on the way past!! Everyones really friendly here, volunteers and locals alike. Then we went to a bullfight at an open plaza, it was pretty crazy, the locals got all licquered up and ran in to taunt the bull, anyone could have a go. It was funny watching about 50 of them bolting away when the bull ran at them. Apparently it's a great party if three people are seriously injured and there's at least one death.

Thankfully we were watching from a high balcony a bit away, safety for the price of 2soles. We also saw one of the bleachers collapse and a mini tornado!!!!

Today Rudy the program director talked to us about the cross cultural solutions, and the local history and politics- lots of poverty and corruption.
bull fightingbull fightingbull fighting

lets get drunk and taunt the bull!!!
Then we went to see some of the placements, but not mine. In a few minutes we are going on a city orientation tour, and more bullfighting!!

I´ll write more later when I get a chance!!!

Orla


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



23rd October 2008

Hi Chick!
Hi Miss Orla - You've made it! All sounds really exciting - Take good care of yourself and enjoy every moment of your adventure. Lots of love from Carmel XX

Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 47; dbt: 0.061s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb