Colca canyon, Nasca lines and Lima


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Arequipa » Colca Canyon
June 5th 2006
Published: June 5th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Sandboarding near IcaSandboarding near IcaSandboarding near Ica

Just an oasis to relaxe is not enought luckily we could get some action too
After Cusco we took a night bus to the Colca Canyon. We did a 2 day hike that led us to an oasis with a hot spring. When diving in the water we found out that they better could have called it a cold spring because 5 minutes later we were on the road again. The second day was a bit harder because we had to climb up this canyon wall again, some 1500 meters strait up to make it in time for the Condor vieuw point.
For half an hour we saw these amazing birdies circling up with the thermal air, a nice sight.
Arequipa was our next stop where we just stayed for the end of the afternoon and beginning of the evening. Had a good dinner with a great view of the plaza and the surrounding mountains.
Still tired of the hike we slept well in our overnight bus and woke up in Nasca....changed our bus for a plane and where flying above the Nasca lines. Great too see hard to understand why the inca's made those lines with figures like monkeys, lizzards, trees and condors.

A short ride more brought us to the oasis of haucachina,
ArequipaArequipaArequipa

After our hike in the colca canyon, we found a nice restaurant with a good view
a good place to relax after a lot of time spent in busses the last days...
Its not more than a man made lake, some hostels (All with swimming pools) and couple of restaurants in the middle of some giantic sand dunes.
Well the dunes were not created for nothing so thats the reason that we went on this buggy/sandboarding trip the next days. Was not that easy to steer the board as a snowboard so we ended up with sand everywhere when we were finished...so it was time to go for the swimming pool again.
Next day in the morning we relaxed a bit and then we headed for Lima.
A big city where we could stay with the host family of a niece of Sebastian (which he never saw before) But our host family was great.
And Next day we walked around in Lima, with his niece and a local homeless peruvian kid that she worked with.
Lot of people stared at the 3 blond gringo's walking around with this 5 year old kid and we had to defend our selves a couple times that we were not kidnapping him....
Since big city's are not my favorite thing we are heading to the mountains again....Huaraz here we come


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Nasca linesNasca lines
Nasca lines

Why were they build??? I dont know, but it was impressive to see from out of the plane
Nasca linesNasca lines
Nasca lines

Why were they build??? I dont know, but it was impressive to see from out of the plane
Sandboarding near IcaSandboarding near Ica
Sandboarding near Ica

Just an oasis to relaxe is not enought luckily we could get some action too
Sandboarding near IcaSandboarding near Ica
Sandboarding near Ica

sand everywhere
Peruvian family in LimaPeruvian family in Lima
Peruvian family in Lima

Find our abducted child


15th June 2006

Ontmoeten??
He Matthijn. Al bijna in Ecuador?? Kunnen we weer een biertje drinken!!

Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0359s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb