Arequipa and Cañon del Colca...beauty in the high Peruvian desert!


Advertisement
South America » Peru » Arequipa » Colca Canyon
November 5th 2008
Published: November 10th 2008
Edit Blog Post

I arrived in the southern Peruvian city of 1 million called Arequipa on Thursday morning. Rewind 2 days to when my travels began. Monday night I moved out of my ¨home away from home¨Macondo Hostel in San Gil, Colombia. Tuesday morning I jumped on the first bus to Bogota...was only supposed to be 6-7 hours, but of course turned into an 8 hour trip. Got to the airport in Bogota and on my plane at ... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 132, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

The next day was the holiday "Dia de los Muertos" The next day was the holiday "Dia de los Muertos"
The next day was the holiday "Dia de los Muertos"

We visited the local cemetary that was filled with families bringing food, flowers, candles, and other decorations to their deceased loved ones. It was very festive and communal sort of atmosphere.



10th November 2008

bus company
hi Sonya, really found your blog very interesting and loved the photos! sounds like you were very deprived of sleep for the first few days. i am traveling to Peru in 10 days and would love to know the name of the bus company you so highly praise and the hostel to book the canyon tour. keep up the writting.
12th November 2008

breathtaking
absolutely breathtaking...i can't even imagine how beautiful it is in person...WOW and WOW.
12th November 2008

Hi! the bus company is Cruz del Sur...recommend it for night trips over 6 hours...but it is significantly more expensive than other companies. Your choice. :) the hostel in Arequipa is Bothy Hostel and the tour company to book for the canyon trek is Land Adventures...highly recommended! Enjoy Peru!
12th November 2008

...yes it was very WOW! This whole country is breathtaking! Someday I am sure you will see for yourself! Miss you!

Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 58; dbt: 0.077s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb