One day in Arequipa is not enough


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Arequipa » Arequipa
December 8th 2010
Published: December 10th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We got into Arequipa late afternoon and immediately went for some food. Funny thing was that we ended up having some Peruvian Chinese food which was actually pretty good. The next day we walked around Arequipa and got to know the sites. We went to the Plaza de Armas which is beautiful at night and went to the Inka museum where Juanita The Ice Princess rests. She was a young girl who was sacrificed on the summit of a mountain next to a volcano and got frozen to the ground as time passed by. It is funny how she sits currently in the museum at below zero temperatures so that her body can be preserved in the awesome condition she is in today, makes you think about life. At the end of the day we catched a bus to Cuzo on our way to Machu Picchu.

Arequipa is known for being the second best city in Peru after Cuzco and believe me when I say that it is. There are numerous tours and volunteer options and the town itself is a treat. When going there definitely visit the Colca Canyon, the deepest Canyon in the world, which I now have to come back to now that I have missed it.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0438s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb