Paraguay Is It So Hard To Get Good Travel Advice 'Round Here?!


Advertisement
Paraguay's flag
South America » Paraguay » Asunciòn
October 30th 2011
Published: November 17th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We left a stormy Santa Cruz early in the morning and after a bag search (everyone gets searched) and a little scratch for Stuart's guitar we board our flight and before we know it we are in Asuncion.

We spent the next few days enjoying the pool, the weather, tea of courtesy and the plazas in Asuncion. We also visited the train museum, which was the original building for the old train station, and also houses the first train in South America.

After enjoying Asuncion we headed to Encarnacion. We hopped aboard a local bus to take us to nearby Trinidad to visit some Jesuit ruins (the only information we were able to get about them!). After missing the stop by 6km we had to get the bus back down again. However the journey was worth it in the end and we had the ruins to ourselves!

A couple more days of relaxing and eating lots of Japanese food in Encarnacion we then took a very long, very slow and very hot bus to Ciudad del Este. We only stayed there one night, which we were glad of as the city is big, dirty and full of shopping centres and knock-off goods. However we did enjoy a nice kebab in Ali Baba's Bar for our last supper in Paraguay.

Our next stop is Brazil.





Additional photos below
Photos: 58, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0588s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb