Canoa


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » West » Canoa
July 28th 2014
Published: August 1st 2014
Edit Blog Post

Our Arrival

We arrived at 2:35pm from Quevedo. The bus drove into town along the main road, turned left along the main road to the beach and turned around in a dirt area in town. This is where we got off the bus. We turned left and were on the main drag to the beach.



Where We Stayed

Hostal Shelmar - $10 for a double room with shared bathroom. Room was small with worn away cushions instead of pillows on the bed. The bathroom was downstairs and there was only one shower/toilet combo for everyone. This meant a wait of 15mins to brush teeth or use the toilet if someone was showering. You were able to use the restaurant kitchen. There was internet but it didn't work very well, even downstairs.



What We Did

Hung out at the beach. Even though it was cloudy you could still get a tan or get burnt.

People were horseriding and paragliding.



Where We Ate

You could get a chicken pastry for .75cents.

A burger from a van in the street cost $1.25.

The minisupermarkets were more expensive than the local shops. A gallon of water was $1. A large beer was $1.25 (with 25 cents returnable deposit or $1.50 if you didn't return) from the local shops. Some had seats you could use outside.

We got lunch in the square where the bus turned around for $3 for shrimp soup and fried fish main.



About Canoa

There is no ATM, the nearest one is in San Vincente.

When we were there it was cloudy and a bit rainy. However being Ecuador you can still get a tan through the clouds.

It is a small town with dusty streets. There weren't many waves suitable for surfing when we were there but there were people taking surf lessons.



Where We Went

We went to Manta next. We caught the bus from the park at the other end of the main street from the beach. The bus left at 9:45am for Bahia with Tosagua and cost $1. We arrived at 10:40am in Bahia. There was a bus to Manta at 1:30pm. We caught a bus to PortoViejo instead at 11am. It cost $2 and also continued to Guayquil. The company CoacturManabi actually left at 11:10am. We got dropped off at a junction and caught another bus to Manta which cost 75 cents. We arrived in Manta at 1:35pm.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.327s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0711s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb