May 30, 2014 - Feria Libre Ministry


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » South » Cuenca
May 30th 2014
Published: June 2nd 2014
Edit Blog Post

Here is more information on our Feria Libre Ministry in the potato section. The majority of the vendors in this section come from an area outside Cuenca that does most of the potato growth in Ecuador.

One of the women in the pictures is Susan Stiles. She and her husband have been in Ecuador for thirty years. The used to have a mission in the area (the name of which I don't remember) that most of the potato farmers come from. So when they moved to Cuenca and they saw many of the people they already knew at the Feria Libre, they started the children's ministry there in the potato section. Those of us from Calvary Chapel have only been involved for about six months.

Others in the pictures are the Thompson family - Nancy is the main teacher, and loves doing it. She gets so much joy from it. You can see how she is laughing as she teaches. John is in the background of some of the pictures, and their son Stuart is the one with the mustache. Charlie Carrol is the one with the ball cap. Of course Debi was there as well, and I was behind the camera. Except for the selfie.

As you can see from the pictures, the kids love having their pictures taken and they love coloring. They are just starving for affection.


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement



Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.075s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb