Stop 25: Quito


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » North » Quito » Historical Center
December 1st 2010
Published: December 8th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We didn't expect to be Quito fans. It doesn't have the best reputation amongst travellers, often cited as the place in the (generally exagerrated but nonetheless scary) horror stories you hear. We only had 3 days here but we really enjoyed ourselves. We explored the city and climbed up to the bell tower of the basilica (cue another Indiana Jones moment due to the lack of health and safety!), and ate lots of typical ecuadorian food. Our favourite has been Seco de Chico, a lovely goat stew. You will also be interested to know that Steve has now tried 'cuy' or guinea pig.. (Where will his strange food obsession end I ask!?) 

During our time here we have also visited the equatorial line where we entertained ourselves for hours taking all the embarrassing tourist photos! Well it would be rude not to!

So after a whistlestop tour of Ecuador we are starting the last leg of our journey... Columbia. Sun, sea, sand and floods?! here we come. If you don't believe us just check weather.com!



Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

The World Revolving Around Us!The World Revolving Around Us!
The World Revolving Around Us!

Us on the REAL equator!
CuyCuy
Cuy

Steve enjoying his Guinea Pig
GargoylesGargoyles
Gargoyles

Based on indigenous species
Ellie on the ´Fake´ EquatorEllie on the ´Fake´ Equator
Ellie on the ´Fake´ Equator

Latitude 000 before calculated by GPS..oops!
Fun and GamesFun and Games
Fun and Games

Told you we were embarrssing!
La VirgenLa Virgen
La Virgen

Because no hispanic city would be complete without a religious statue on a hill!


Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.055s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb