Ibarra


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » North » Ibarra
July 19th 2014
Published: July 23rd 2014
Edit Blog Post

Our Arrival

We got to Ibarra from Colombia on a Quito bound bus. This bus dropped us on the side of the highway at 2:20pm. We walked up the road and took the first left by the traffic lights. This street turned out to be Rafael Troya. We walked along there until we reached Parque Boyaca and turned right up Bolivar street.



Where We Stayed

Hostal El Retorno - Pedro Vicente Rocafuerte and Pedro Moncayo. $12 for a double room with shared bathroom, TV and slow internet which didn't work in our 2nd floor room. Our room was right next to the bathroom.



What We Did

Not much - looked at all the nice buildings and churches and walked around the market.



Where We Ate

A set lunch of soup, meal and a drink seemed to be $2 in most places.

We also ate at the restaurant under our hostel and got a set lunch for $2.



About Ibarra

When we were there Ibarra was warm and sunny.

We arrived on a Saturday and the area of town where we were dropped off was dead and everything was shut. The area of town near the bus terminal and market was a lot livelier.

There is free wifi in the parks of Ibarra.

The tourist information is shut at weekends so we weren't able to get a map.

I would recommend skipping Ibarra and heading straight to Otavalo instead as it is just another town.



Where We Went Next

We caught the bus to Otavalo. It took about 15mins for us to walk to the terminal. At the bus terminal in Ibarra you have to pay 5 cents to use the terminal. By the turnstile there is a woman giving change as you need a 5cent coin. Put the coin in the slot, go through the turnstile and a guy gives you a ticket for the fee. There are very frequent Otavalo buses so just jump on one with Otavalo on the front from platform 12. There was space for our bags underneath. Our bus left at 12:20pm and cost 45 cents. Pay the conductor when he comes around. We got to Otavalo bus terminal at 1pm.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.287s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0633s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb