Galapagos - here we come!


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » Galápagos
June 19th 2008
Published: July 1st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Said goodbye to our tour guide Rodrigo and our driver Washington and caught a flight from Guayaquil to San Cristobel in the Galapagos. I was expecting a tiny plane but we were on a Boeing 737 and Aerogal was a very nice airline to fly with, we even had a sandwich and a drink! It took us only an hour and a half to travel the 600 miles from the Ecuadorian mainland to the islands. Once we arrived we paid the $100 entry fee and showed our $10 visas and met up with our new guide Rafael or Rafa to his friends and headed off to meet up with the Monserat, our home for the next 7 nights. The cabins were much larger than I expected - twin beds rather than bunkbeds with its own bathroom. The only problem was that they thought we were Mr and Mrs Scraggs and had allocated us a room with a double bed. As the boat wasn't full we were able to change to a twin room which meant being next to the engine and in the bottom of the boat. Great!

We enjoyed a short hike on the beach and it was amazing to be so close to marine iguanas, crabs and sea lions.We also saw some Darwin finces, a yellow warbler and some pelicans. An early night as we are due to sail rfor about 4-5 hours to Espanola. I dosed myself up with sea sickness tablets and my acupressure bands and prayed for a calm night ...........................


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.185s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0633s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb