Isla Santa Cruz, Galapagos, Ecuador


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » Galápagos » Santa Cruz Island
January 3rd 2014
Published: January 11th 2014
Edit Blog Post

January 3, 2014

Early morning start today and a tour of some more of the sights on Santa Cruz Island.

We enjoyed a good morning with several stops. Snorkeling a short distance from the port, and a look at small island that is the home to many birds and a lot of Sea Lions and Marine Iguanas.

Then a very interesting walk through some of the preserve to view Iguanas and some interesting terrain in the dry lowlands with cacti and bush. Lots of birds. Too many Iguanas.

The Iguana photo ops reminded us of Africa where everyone rushes to get a first photo of a Zebra and then you see nothing but Zebras for the rest of the trip. Ditto - Too many Iguanas. Very interesting place and good tour guides.

Visited Las Grietas. This is a narrow passage in the rocks with some good swimming and diving from a good height for those so inclined.

After a nice lunch of in Puerto Ayora we are off this afternoon to Isla Isabela, via small boat from the port (30 meter trip) to a larger speed boat then a 2 hour boat trip on this 600 HP speed boat. All with our bags

( Note to self -- Travel Light !!! )

Arrived on time at our home for 3 nights at the Iguana Crossing Hotel in Puerto Villamil, Isla Isabela. This is a very nice hotel, 14 rooms. First Class !



Met our local guide, Ricardo, and took a short trip to see a flamingo habitat and got a brief overview of our very busy itinerary for the next 3 days.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0277s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb