Back at port


Advertisement
Published: April 15th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Back at Casa de Nelly



We arrived back at the port this afternoon having spent our week in the wilds. Everyone seems sad to have left and has had a great time (despite a few ear aches, bad throats and the statutory up set tummies). The accomdation was basic but the staff were very supportive and helpful. We had 3 lots of 2 hour work sessions (as in hard physical work digging, hacking and planting) each day though a few very heavy showers shortened some days.

By the end of the week we had cleared quite a large area of Mora (otherwise known as blackberry bushes) and planted a lot of local trees instead (banana, guava and poisonous apple - something loved by the local tortoise population). The girls all did a great job of mixing with the other people at the station despite being a bit younger. I will try to get some photos up later when I get a decent internet connection.

Tomorrow we are off to Santa Cruz at 6.00am so it is an early start. Tonight, some of the other volunteers are joining us for a drink and some food.

Everyone is suitably covered in mosquiot bites.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0411s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb