Latacunga


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » Centre » Latacunga
July 23rd 2008
Published: August 11th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Laguna Quilotoa Laguna Quilotoa Laguna Quilotoa

The sights of Ecuador never cease to amaze me !!
After having seen the Galapagos Islands I thought there wouldn´t be anything else in Ecuador that would amaze me as much however Latacunga and the trip to Laguna Quilotoa was certainly on a par in its own way and one of the best experiences in Ecuador. Latacunga is a lovely little town with cobbled streets and fab HRB´s. The cathedral lights up a brilliant blue at night and the place has a very cheerful feel about it.

The trip to Laguna Quilotoa ( booked with Volcan tours) via stops at Pujili ( for the market) and Zumbahua was one of the best day trips of the RTW tour. The lake itself is stunning but the highlight was stopping at Zumbahua village on the way back where a local wedding was in progress. The wedding involved 3 days and nights of partying non-stop amazing eh?. Other highlights included a trip to a local market, stunning scenary, a look at some local houses and an attempt at conversation with some local kids in their Quichua dialect.

In the evening Latacunga is pretty quite but we managed find two great restuarants one a pizzza place in the Cotopaxi hotel and a chineese.

Next stop back to Quito for a night before heading back to the beach........


Additional photos below
Photos: 31, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Local kids Local kids
Local kids

The guide spoke to them in Quichua the local dialect


Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 65; dbt: 0.0658s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb