First trip to Banos


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » Centre » Baños
November 12th 2006
Published: February 9th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We visited Banos with a group of friends from SAE. Kerensa had been there in her past two trips to Ecuador, but this was Tony's first visit. Banos is famous in Ecuador for all of its adventure possibilities - from whitewater rafting, to mountain biking, to bungee jumping, horseback riding, tours and more.

When we to to Tena, we ate at one of Kerensa's favorate restaurants of past visits - the Cafe Hood. The food was great, but Tony was sorry later (after he developed food poisoning).

After dinner we met up with our SAE friends and while Tony was in bed and the bathroom, Kerensa and everyone else went dancing till the wee hours.

The following day we went whitewater rafting on the Pastaza river (our friend Reuban managed to get us a free trip). Reuban was our guide - but Tony got to guide for a bit as well!

We returned to Banos later with Tony's sister, Janel. Check out "Second trip to Banos" for further adventures.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Banos CemetaryBanos Cemetary
Banos Cemetary

We visited the cemetary in Banos. They put people in above-ground walls
Before the barBefore the bar
Before the bar

Our friend Liz (English) in our hostal
Out on the townOut on the town
Out on the town

From left: Liz (UK), Marcello (Equador), & Reuban (US)
Out on the townOut on the town
Out on the town

From left: Marcelo (Equador), Reuban (US), Liz (UK), Anna (Netherlands), & Angie (Canada)


Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0558s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb