Valparaiso and Vina Del Mar


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile » Valparaíso Region » Valparaíso
February 15th 2012
Published: February 15th 2012
Edit Blog Post

After Santiago we reached our next destination, Valparaiso. The city was considered the richest in the world and is known as the jewel of the pacific. The town was filled with steep hills and it was an uphill trek to reach our hostel. Well worth it though because we were in a great location in the heart of graffiti steps. We spent our days taking another walking tour around the city, trying the local seafood and exploring the markets. Our time spent here hit home that we are in south america and was exactly how we imagined it to be! Describing the place does not do it justice so we thought we´d upload a few pics so you can see the charm of the city itself.

Unfortunately our trip to vina del mar had the opposite effect! it was a small beach town with not much to offer,lacked any charm unlike valparaiso. to top it off our hostel was the worst we had experienced in 3 and a half months of travelling. for the first time we looked forward to our 8 hour bus to la serena!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



15th February 2012

Vibrant
You're right, you couldn't possibly describe these imense vibrant colours as well as the visual affect does in the fab photos you have supplied for us all to envy. It looks stunning.
2nd October 2012
piano stairs

where are these piano stairs? (: i've seen them so often on the internet and i keep wondering.. please tell me! that would be so great, thanks
30th October 2012
piano stairs

The stairs are in Valparaiso in Chile. It's quite a small town but if I remember correctly they are near one of the churches in the centre of town.

Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0597s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb