One Nighter to Valparaiso!


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile » Valparaíso Region » Valparaíso
November 7th 2009
Published: November 7th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We celebrated Halloween in Santiago, a big party that was a lot of fun. The next day some friends and I took a bus to Valparaiso for the night, a beachtown about an hour and a half way from Santiago. It´s a really cute place, famous for it´s hills that are covered in multicolored houses overlooking the ocean. We went for a jazz show, ate Chorialla (a mountain of french fries topped with beef, egg and onions, it´s ah-mazing!) then danced it off until 5am!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Halloween!Halloween!
Halloween!

Started off the weekend celebrating halloween in Santiago. We didn´t dress up but when we got to my friends house, everyone had costumes so we made some makeshift outfits. Good thing I was wearing an orange shirt, I ended up being a pumpkin...
ValparaisoValparaiso
Valparaiso

Cute town on the beach, Valparaiso.
FriendsFriends
Friends

Valparaiso is known for it´s hills that are covered in colorful houses, this was on top of one of the hills, awesome views of the beach... sorry all you get to see is us!!
Chorillana!!!Chorillana!!!
Chorillana!!!

Chorillana, aka heartattack on a plate, originated in Valpo. It´s frenchfries topped with onions, beef and fried egg. Kind of Chilean style Carne Asada French Fries I guess... This restaurant was at the back of a little alley, you would walk right by it but inside it was full of people, music and fooooood!
Chica LocaChica Loca
Chica Loca

This woman was crazzzy... and wanted a hug from my friend Rene. She was literally chasing him down the street as he was telling her to leave him alone. When she got over him she asked my friend Alejandra for money, when she didn´t give it to her, she attacked her- no joke, pulling out a wad of her hair. It may have been one of the funniest things I have ever seen, though Alejandra doesn´t think so...
ConciertoConcierto
Concierto

After eating a kilo of Chorillana we danced it all off. It was a fun jazz and ska show at a really pretty venue.


13th November 2009

keep dancing
Eat dance drink...now that is what going to college is all about...oh I forgot Travel Travel travel!

Tot: 0.117s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 59; dbt: 0.0613s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb