Drive to Puerto Natales


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile » Magallanes » Torres del Paine
March 4th 2014
Published: March 5th 2014
Edit Blog Post

DAY 14 Unfortunately today was a moving day with an approximately 6 hour drive to Puerto Natales with a border crossing to Chile in between. With a virus at its peak it was slow torture for Ruth. Fortunately we arrived at a great hotel with a comfortable bed and straight to bed for Ruth & off to the pharmacy for me to stock up on medical supplies. Somewhat difficult exercise as no english spoken. Restaurants in South America don't usually open till 8 pm which makes for long days after early starts and no time to catch up on the blog!

Puerto Natales a small city set on the shores of a glacial lake with a working port. The town has a nice feel about it but is increasingly reliant on the tourist market as it is the gateway to the Torres del Paine National Park which is our destination tomorrow. DAY 14 Today we crossed over into Chile after approximately a 6 hour drive to Puerto Natales a small city set on the shores of a glacial lake that is the gateway to the Torres del Paine National Park.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.205s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.1068s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb