Tierra del Fuego still Frozen


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile » Magallanes » Punta Arenas
October 24th 2009
Published: October 24th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Gerardo's Recky


GerardoGerardoGerardo

I like ya Kiwi Rider T shirt
We are all so ready to go and now only one week before we all meet in Vina del Mar for our Patagonia Expedition.

Gerardo has just returned from a recky in Tierra del Fuego for our immenent Patagonia Expedition. He had to drop off some extra fuel containers for us so we can make the ride down to Chilean Lago Fagnano and back....here is his blog of this....

Hola, from Punta Arenas,
Chile in the bottom of the world I am sending these words to tell you that in these week that is finishing I went to Tierra del Fuego ( Fireland) and see how are the roads for our day 13-14 in the adventure.

On the Saturday 14 of November we must ride from Porvenir to Vicuña, that road is not a problem, but our idea is in the afternoon is to go 70 km's South to the Fagnano lake, a road that is been built now, you will see in the pictures that I have a lot of problems to arrive to these place, I went on Thursday 22/10, because of the snow, but we will pass without trouble, these road is in construction but
A good High Way ?A good High Way ?A good High Way ?

On the road in Teirra del Fuego
we will be allowed to go ride in most of it.

The scenery is beautiful with the Darwin mountains and a big forest with lovely lakes, and also you will see the damage that is being done by the introduction of an exotic animal in these Region: the beaver.

So my amigos, depending of your level of adventure these are good news or bad news, but maybe when we arrive over there we will see only the snows in the mountains, but also we have to cross the mountains to arrive to see the lakes Deseado, Preciado and the huge Fagnano that is in Chile and Argentina.

The nexy day we will sleep in the other border of these Lake in Hosteria Kaiken.
On day 14 we must cross a river in the border with Argentina, Paso Bellavista, at these time is closed because the river is to high, but the border will be open on the first of November, hope that the river will be with less water, is like the river that we cross from Uyuni to Oruro in Bolivia. But if is to high is another road to get to our next stop Hosteria Kaiken.
So the time is near, see you all in Viña del Mar,
un abrazo,
Gerardo



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



26th October 2009

Greetings
Hi Gerardo, wonderful images, hope could meet you in this wild and amazing place. Take care Paul
17th November 2009

Last Year
This time last year I did a similar trip to Tierra del Fuego and the weather was just wonderful ( tee-shirt while on cruise on Beagle Channel )

Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 33; dbt: 0.0508s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb