Airport Closed


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile » Biobío » Concepción
July 20th 2010
Published: July 20th 2010
Edit Blog Post

As part of the 5 month program, we are supposed to work on a week long English winter camp for high school students. These camps are located in the central region closer to Santiago. Us being in Patagonia we had to catch a flight north. On Sunday, the day of our flight, Coyhaique was covered in fog. You couldn't see more than 10 feet ahead of you. We drove one hour to go to the airport, spent five hours in line only to find out that flights were being cancelled for a second day in a row and the airport was closing down. This was absolute chaos. A total of 16 flights were cancelled. The airline decided to rebook everyone in different flights throughout the week without considering that there was a snow storm on its way and it was supposed to last a whole week.

After spending many hours on the phone with the airline, we made the decision of going back to the airport o Monday to see if we could catch a flight. All six of us were put on stanby and by miracle got seats on the last flight out to Santiago. Since our camp is located in Concepcion, we had to fly to Santiago and spend the night there. Finally, after two hectic days of travelling back and forth in airport transfers we've made it to Concepcion and are ready to start making an impact on young Chileans tomorrow.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0427s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb