The sand city. day 16


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile » Arica & Parinacota
December 17th 2012
Published: December 18th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Day 16

I’m feeling happy that we are not on the move anymore, for a bit anyway.

Today we got up late watched a bit of tv and then Joe prepared a devotional for us about Jesus’s travels. Then me and Joe went down to the beach to do a sandcastle. It took us all day to finish it, we had made it in a special location so that when the tide comes up it will attack the great walls of the city. (See pictures)

So yeah we were on the beach and in the sea most of the day. At about 12am the tide finally reached the castle flooding over the walls and wiping out everything. We were amazed to find a sting ray laying on the floor by the castle!!! About 30cm wide and 35 long!!! We threw him back into the sea to save him, but a big wave came and we found him in the middle of our sand city! So joe threw him even further and we didn’t see him again.

We have been on the holiday for a week and a day. Its been fun and hard at the same time, but ill be glad to get back into a life with a routine again at home.

Ben


Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

escorpios escorpios
escorpios

our apartment
the coca feildsthe coca feilds
the coca feilds

campesinos - outsiders


19th December 2012

Helloo
Hi all, Auntie Sib here. I have been reading your blog but only just realised that I can post a comment without being on Facebook. Doh! I loved your sand city and the beach apartment looks great. So weird to think of you all on the beach while we are shivering in wet playgrounds! Lots of love, Auntie Sib x P.S. How is Sealpup's schooling coming along? I am worried that he is missing 3 weeks of his schooling while on holiday...
29th January 2013

www.balilovepeace.com
looks like fun and also very nice pictures.

Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0357s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb