Laguna Cejar & Ojos del Salar


Advertisement
Published: December 4th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Our last tour in San Pedro was the most relaxing tour I've been in so far. Our first stop was the Cejar Lagoon which has 75% salt in it. As a result, you can't sink; you float. There is no need for you to do any effort at all to float. There we met people from all over the world and shared awesome conversations while enjoying the cool water. Finally when exiting the lagoon though we were covered in salt. When you dry up you feel like you are being petrified by the salt. You can just literally take the salt off your body. The second stop was at the Ojos del Salar Lagoons where two identical lagoons sit at the middle of the Atacama Desert. The only way to get in is to jump in because the water lies 6ft below the surface. And so we did. As soon as we hit the water we were freezing because the water was really cold but it was definitely a good change from the suffocating heat from the desert. The last stop was at a third lake I can remember the name of where you can just walk on it because its only a few inches deep. You're walking on top of salt the entire time. At the end of the day we enjoyed a snack provided by our awesome tour guide and watched the sunset again. Definitely a must when you visit the Atacama Desert.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0482s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb