Iguaza Falls


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil
February 27th 2009
Published: August 3rd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Myself and Matt travelled to Igazu Falls together. We crossed the border back into Argentina, because this is apparently the best viewpoint of the falls and checked into the Hostel Inn. It was a pretty swish for a hostel, with a big pool in front, albeit filthy dirty. When checking in I met Jenny and Nadia again who I had met in Montevideo. I ended up meeting this pair lots and even ended up travelling with them which turned out to be bogey.


After a night on the piss where i kissed a Swedish chick, we dragged ourselves out of bed to see the falls. The falls are the largest by volume in the world and truly amazing. They are fucking massive with so many different sections and waterfalls of different shapes and sizes, I was blown away by the whole thing. After 2 walking tours, we got a boat which brings you right under two falls. The boat stops under the falls, which beat it backwards and you're soaked through to the skin almost instantly. We then got a train to the Garganta de Diablo or Devil's throath. This was were the river converges and a massive amount of water falls over one small part of cliff. The result is immense pressure as the water piles through. The spray comes up around 50 metres so you can get wet standing above it. A saffa dude called JD was also with us for the day.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.15s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0397s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb