Day at Copacobana Beach


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil
June 29th 2012
Published: June 30th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Suitcases are packed and stored in the "out of operation lift", to be watched by the doorman/ security guard. Can he be trusted? - we think so- he has a kind smile and a trustworthy face. Lets leave Graeme s ipad but take the money and passports( our lifeline!) to Copacabana beach we decide. - or are they safer in the lift!! God knows! After a breakfast we head to the beach with two rucksacks full of our worldly goods. Immediately we step on the sand, we are met by a young Carioca( local) who ushers us to two seats and a Parasol for 10 Reais(£3.30). We are offered beer and soft drinks that promptly arrive placed in insulated containers. A little table is set up too, with such friendly service. The boys are keen to get into the sea. All fears of sharks/ pirhanas have disappeared! The waves are so appealing, rushing onto the beach fast and furious! Tricia sits back gripping the rucksacks and enjoying the sights around about. There are plenty of people jogging along the beach, walking, playing ball games having fun with the waves.The boys are getting more adventurous , moving further into the sea. Shortly, they have decide its time for Gordon to join in the fun, so he pulls himself away from his beer and nervously agrees to enter the South Atlantic Ocean. Meanwhile on the beach, the beach sellers parade by in quick succession. They are a friendly bunch of very hard working people, not too persistent, carrying their sometimes heavy wares along the beach for one end to the other and back again and again and again. Football tops, sunglasses, scarves, jewellery, sun cream, dresses, bikinis, zip bags, caps, fridge magnets, magic tricks, biscuits, drinks, grilled prawns, empanadas..... No need to hit the shops today!Sadly, we decide it's time to leave the beach and grab a quick bite to eat and head for the airport on the second leg of our trip- Foz do Iguasu.The traffic in Rio is busy and crazy but our taxi driver gets us there safely for our two hour flight. Gordon was relieve to discover we were flying on a airbus 330 and not a propellar job! Graeme travelled in great comfort having bought a Brazillian design head support with the holiday money his grandma had given him.We arrive in Foz around 6pm, it's already dark but it's 24 degrees!After getting the repairman down to the room to repair the unflushable toilet and the maid to mop up the floor from the leaking shower we settle down to a buffet meal, and an after dinner drink in the lounge for G and T, while the boys surf the internet in the lobby.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



30th June 2012

Day at Copacobana Beach
Copacobana Beach looks brill & as far as I can see no sign of Barry Manilow(thank god!!) One thing that does puzzle me is how did the beached whale get so close to the boys!!!!

Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0411s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb