Giovanna and Itajuba


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » São Paulo » São Paulo
April 5th 2009
Published: April 5th 2009
Edit Blog Post

What a weekend!!!

I am talking about last weekend. This one has been rather relaxing for me!

Last weekend started off with the party Giovanna, a costume party, arranged by FGV. Kristian and I had bought materials for the costume earlier in the week and spent most of Friday evening on sewing our costumes together. One important lesson here is that clothing/dresses come very easily out of proportion and sometimes become too short…. So the result can be seen on the picture, where we are ready to represent Norwegian Vikings. We had a great night drinking, dancing and had overall a very good time. I think Sao Paulo got a shock when we went to get nightfood around 6 o’clock in the morning and walked home some time between 7 and 8 in Viking-costumes with swords and axes.

Three hours later, a little past 11, we got a call from a Brazilian friend of us, Daniel, telling us to be ready to leave in 20 minutes. We were going to a lost city, 4 hours northwest of Sao Paulo, called Itajuba to visit our friend from school, Cayo, and his family. Tired, but motivated, we were ready to leave 40 minutes later. The car ride was everything but exciting, but 4-5 hours later we were in Itajuba. And a little hour later we were up in the mountains close to a ranch at Cayo’s 3 year old little daughter’s birthday party. Let me just make one thing clear, 3-year old parties are very different in Brazil compared to what I have experienced before. The party included the regular good stuff as food and cake, but it also included whiskey, cachaca and beer. So some hours later the birthday girl was asleep, having no influence on the party spirit, to the contrary. Around 10 o’clock that evening we headed home to Cayo’s house, everyone slightly influenced by alcohol, to get a shower and head to a club. To my surprise some intelligent person had found out that making a barbeque around 12 at night was a good idea, so slightly delayed, we made it to a bar around 2. Not many people there at that time, but I still managed to entertain myself and have a good time.
The day after we slept out and tried to generate enough energy to make it through the upcoming week. After more good food, plenty of hospitality and visiting more family of Cayo, we hit the road around 8 in the evening, not making it home until 12.30. Two tired persons were glad to find their beds at Wallstreet Paulista that night…. An intense, but very entertaining weekend.

The upcoming week was pretty demanding school-wise, so not much to report from that week. The highlights must have been my first Jiu-jitsu practice, with the 2006 world champion as coach, on Tuesday and the volleyball game we played (and won 3-2) against USP Medicina on Thursday. Both fun and demanding experiences in their own ways. The clubs that were visited this week was Sky Bar, once again, on Thursday and the club “Disco” on Friday. The after-party after Sky bar including a flooding of parts of our apartment, making it a very long night, but the problem is fixed now!!! 😊 Disco was also a good and fancy place, but with an expensive entrance, which I could recommend to people in the future!

So now that Arsenal has won this weekend, I am pretty sure Strømsgodset will lose, so I will now go back to cheering for my team! Happy Easter to those who will enjoy that, I have classes the upcoming week, so I am looking at an evening of homework right now!

Smile!!!!!



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0537s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb