TRINDADE


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Rio de Janeiro » Trindade
November 16th 2010
Published: December 3rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

After a short bus journey from Paraty, we exited onto the coastal town of Trindad. A tiny town with literally one main strip and a splattering of shops off that. We headed to our lodging for the evening, which turned out to be literally someone’s spare room. We were given a set of keys and told to make ourselves at home. Later that day we checked out some of the beaches but the weather wasn’t on our side and we retired to the house for a movie session. After we had returned from a few Caiprinhas we decided to get an early night but our roomies had other plans, staying up late watching films and laughing away in Brazilian.

The next day, we set out on a trek to the ‘Natural Pools’ which turned out to be a bit of sea with a rock formation around it. Not the most exciting thing but we managed to catch some massive waves, much to my delight as I took to the Sea and got battered about whilst Kjersti (surprisingly) napped out on the sand.
In the evening, we decided to go out and sample the local nightlife, of which there was none.
The BeachThe BeachThe Beach

Rough Times
There was however a little restaurant with a set menu for 10Reas (abt 4 quid) which was by far the best meal we’ve had in Brazil. The Fish dish we ordered included a salad buffet which was made up of, wait for it, Rice and Beans! Much to Kjersti’s joy and delight.

The next day we packed our bags and headed to the bus station to head back in Paraty and get our 6 hour bus into Sao Paulo.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

TrindadeTrindade
Trindade

Seriously, thats it.


Tot: 0.26s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0632s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb